Friday, March 13, 2009

Trailing the snow…

As we took snowmobile to trail on our latest outing, I could not help but think of the famous words of Robert Frost,

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

Thus, was inspired to leave these not-so-famous words:

In this waning winter season, it was a true delight
to spend time in the northern reaches
of the county and enjoy the spectacular sight
of Mother Nature dressed in white.

With a special thanks to Patrick, our guide,
Who, along with friends George, Dave and Michael
Did take us on an exciting ride
by trails through the wooded countryside.

A joyous sport for the old and the young,
I entreat you to come out and explore
now, Be warned, it won’t be long
‘Fore this winter wonderland is too soon gone.

See here our journey’s imagery:


The Oswego County Snowmobile Association is comprised of ten local clubs dedicated to the promotion, development and improvement of snowmobile trails in our area. Volunteers groom and maintain more than 366 miles of trails throughout Oswego County. All riders are invited to join their local snowmobile club. For more information, call 315/676-7031 or visit http://www.oswcsa.com/.

Please be sure to follow the rules and regulations associated with snowmobiling and heed the Snowmobiler’s Code of Ethics:
  • I will respect the rights and property of other people
  • I will be a good sportsman and conservationist
  • I will not harass wildlife
  • I will lend a helping hand when I see someone in need
  • I will respect the rights and activities of other winter sportsmen

Ride safely and stay on the trail!

Cheers,
Kelly

As it begins with Frost, so too, it must end,

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

3 comments:

KV Abbott said...

As always -Good Stuff Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,
What a lovely post! Any thing that starts with a poem by RF has got to be good and yours was/is... good. The second poem was yours I trust- With a slant rhyme and a variation on the quatrain form nice.
One of the great things aobut winter is how one can take color photography and it turns out nearly b&w.
"I wake to sleep and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go."
-T. Rothke

Mick said...

Thanks for this update, Kelly. Even though, by now, we're full of winter, there's no denying that it is beautiful to the eye ... as it is to the ear with Frost's words.